BOKU Casinos in Canada
BOKU is one of the simplest and easiest payment methods for slots players in Canada to deposit and start spinning through their mobile phone. Payments are made without sharing your bank details directly with the casino as they are processed through your mobile phone network and charged to your monthly phone bill or deducted from your pay as you go balance. Simple!
Check out our list of the best BOKU slots sites in Canada right here or find out more about the service in our guide below the listings.
List Of Canadian Casinos That Accept BOKU
Automatically credited upon deposit. Cancellation can be requested. First Deposit Only. Min. deposit: $10, max. Bonus $100. Game: Starburst, Spin Value: $0.10. WR of 30x Deposit + Bonus amount and 60x Free Spin winnings amount (only Slots count) within 30 days. Max bet is 10% (min $0.10) of the free spin winnings and bonus amount or $5 (lowest amount applies). Spins must be used and/or Bonus must be claimed before using deposited funds. Deposit/Welcome Bonus can only be claimed once every 72 hours across all Casinos. *Games are subject to availability. Bonus Policy applies. Terms apply. BeGambleAware.org.
A Guide To BOKU Casinos
BOKU was set up in 2009 and has since become a popular mobile payment service used primarily for buying low value goods and services online, as well as transacting with online gambling accounts. Like all the best modern online payment services the advantage of BOKU is that it is fast and easy to use as well as being safe and secure. For slots players who enjoy spinning on their hand-held device it facilitates deposits with just a few clicks. Rather than appearing on your bank or credit card statement with BOKU the payment is charged to your phone bill or directly debited from your Pay as You Go balance. This is great for those who don’t like sharing their bank details with gambling operators, adding a sense of security in the payment process.
Should I Use BOKU to Play Slots?
You may not have heard of BOKU before – it doesn’t have the brand reach of eWallets like Paypal or the new options like Google Pay. To help you understand why it might be the right option for you here are 5 reasons to give it a try.
- Accepted at Many Canadian Casinos – BOKU has become very popular in Canada in recent years which means more and more gambling sites are accepting it as a deposit option. You’ll find it listed in the cashier services of most sites now.
- Simple to Set Up and Use – Unlike most online payment services, BOKU does not require an account set up or app download before you get started. BOKU merely facilitates the payment on your behalf. All you have to do is pick the BOKU logo from the list of deposit options in your account then enter your phone number and verify your deposit with SMS. The amount is then added to your next bill or taken off your phone credit immediately.
- It Is Perfect for Mobile Slots Players – If you like playing slots on mobile then BOKU makes a great option. It works seamlessly with your casino session, allowing you to tap a few buttons on screen and keep playing without fumbling around for a credit card!
- Security Is A Grade – If you are concerned about financial security and hacking, BOKU is a good service to use. There is no sharing or bank details, only your phone number. And BOKU itself is fully regulated by OFCOM, AMIE and PhonePayPlus.
- No Charges – BOKU is a cost-free payment service. The casino you play with will share the cost of each transaction with BOKU.
- BOKU is Eligible For Bonuses – Some slots payment services like Neteller are ineligible for casino bonuses. BOKU is not excluded in this way. You can claim the same offers that you can with your bank cards.
- Helps You To Budget – with a lower transaction limit of just $30 per day BOKU is a good service to use if you want to keep your spend down. Just keep in mind that this will only work if you avoid using other options when you hit your BOKU limit.
What Are The Disadvantages of Using BOKU?
So BOKU makes a really popular and sensible service for most casino players. But are there any reasons why it might not be for you? Here are some of the restrictions that you may wish to consider before you go ahead and use it.
- Deposit Limits – Restrictions on how much you can spend with BOKU per day are set at $30. Whilst this makes it a good way to keep your gambling spend in check, it can be too restrictive for those with bigger budgets. If you want to spend more than that figure on your slots play then we recommend other options like Paypal or Visa.
- Some Canadian Casinos Don’t Accept BOKU – Whilst many operators already have BOKU integrated into their cashiers, not all do. Indeed, it is not as widely accept in Canada as services like Interac or traditional credit and bank cards. Of course, all the sites listed on this page do accept it so you can keep returning to find new BOKU slot sites!
- No Withdrawl Option – Perhaps the biggest drawback of using BOKU is that funds cannot be withdrawn from your account in this way. So, if you win and you want to access your winnings then you will need to set up a separate service like an eWallet or your bank card.
Using BOKU - How To Deposit and Play Slots
As we have already said, using BOKU is very simple. We’ve put together this 5-step guide to help get you started:
- Pick a BOKU Casino – first choose a site from our list to play at. You can browse through the list and pick one right away or read our reviews for a more detailed description of what each one has to offer. Each one has been licensed and offers a generous welcome package which your BOKU deposit will be eligible for.
- Set Up You Casino Account – you will need to register at your chosen casino before you can depoit. It takes just a few minutes and you requires you to enter personal information including your name, address and email.
- Pick BOKU To Deposit – Hit the option to deposit and choose BOKU from the list of services. Remember, sometimes you need to opt in to your welcome bonus at this point to be sure you get one.
- Enter the Deposit Amount – Choose how much you want to play with up to $30 daily and enter your phone number.
- Confirm Your Deposit on SMS – You will receive an SMS within seconds to your phone. Just submit the code received on your account page and your balance will be updated instantly!
You are ready to play slots! Enjoy!
More Casino Games With BOKU
It’s not just the slots that BOKU deposits give you access to. You will also be able to play a full range of live casino games and RNG table games that are also available on your mobile phone. In fact, the range of titles at all the casinos listed on this page is huge, usually exceeding 1,000 and sometimes much more. That includes all the most popular video slots like Starburst, Dead or Alive, Immortal Romance, Bonanza and Book of Dead, as well as top quality live tables like Evolution Gaming’s Ultimate Blackjack and Ultimate Roulette, Dream Catcher and Crazy Time. Mobile gambling has come a long way in the last decade so there really is a feast of entertainment to enjoy!
More About BOKU INC.
BOKU Inc. was set up in 2009 as a mobile payment service. It is now a publicly listed company based in San Fransisco. It is not just gambling that the service is set up for and is widely used for purchasing many goods and services online. In particular it is useful for smaller payments made on streaming sites, for virtual goods, social networks and gaming. It is also useful for those who own a phone but don’t have a bank account.
You can find out more about BOKU on their website here: www.boku.com.
Yes, playing at BOKU casinos is totally safe as long as you pick one that has been fully licensed and audited. The licensing process for an online gambling operator is strict to ensure that their business practices are robust and their products provide completely random game results for fairness and legitimate gambling.
Yes, almost all casinos offer the full bonus package for players who deposit with BOKU on mobile. This will normally include a selection of free spins and bonuses. The only limitation is in the $30 cap on your daily deposit which will restrict how much you can claim.
The minimum deposit may change from one casino to the next and you should check the terms and conditions of the site to find out more. In most instances for BOKU the minimum will be $5 though sometimes it will be as high as $10.
There are other options for players who want to deposit and play via their mobile phone. For example, Payforit is a popular service that lets you make small transactions to gambling accounts via a mobile device. Like BOKU, with Payforit your deposit will be charged to your phone bill or deducted from your credit.
There are lots of BOKU casinos for players in Canada to try right now. Our own recommendation would be Casino Lab run by Genesis Global Ltd. They have a massive choice of games to try and offer a welcome package with 100s of spins and over $1,000 bonuses.