About This Slot
Jurassic Party is a springtime slot release from Relax Gaming that seems to herald the imminent arrival of longer days, warmer skies and well … just fun! If you’re not smiling when you load up this game for the first time and feast your eyes on those cute little dinos and lizards sprawled out on the beach then you might be playing slots for the wrong reason. In fact it almost feels like things might just break out into a chorus of Dizzee Rascals Bonkers as the cocktails flow and those prehistoric beasts get jiggy.
Yes, hot on the heels of Play n Go’s own prehistoric jaunt, Raging Rex 2, Jurassic Party is definitely one of Relax’s more upbeat adventures on the reels, taking you to the same places as Beast Mode and Space Miners rather than the dark and eerie realms of Dead Man’s Trail or Money Cart.
It’s a grid slot on a 7×7 reelset and packed with wild action – random, expanding and sticking – and capable of delivering at max a 20,000x payout on a high variance maths model. So stick around as we dig deeper into what’s possible if you take a punt on Jurassic Party.
RTP, Variance and Top Payout
Like most of Relax’s best output to date, Jurassic Party is most definitely a high risk game, rated as such by their own team, and promising a lot of frustrating drops but the tantalising prospect of some epic moments too when the Wilds do their thing as we shall see in the bonus round.
The RTP is a favourable 96.47% and the top payout runs at 20,000x. Any wins at this level can only be triggered by dropping large value clusters at the same time as big wild multipliers are in play.
The minimum bet is 10p which at least gives those with smaller budgets a shot at the action though keep in mind with this variance rating your funds will diminish at pace.
Symbols and Graphics
The grid here is a 7×7 set up against a really tranquil and fun backdrop – a tropical beach paradise that might be drawn from a Caribbean island, with palm trees, sun loungers and a beach shack with cocktails to keep those dinos happy.
To hit wins you’ll need to cluster 5 or more identical symbols together, drawn horizontally, vertically or diagonally. Clusters can grow in size to be as big as 40 or more which is where your top payouts occur.
Low paying icons are the dinosaur eggs whilst premiums are the dinosaurs themselves. 5 low value icons will get you at least 0.5x for your win, whilst at the top of the range a cluster of 40 or more high value icons will earn you a payout of 500x.
Wilds are going to play a key part in the game because not only do they sub in for all other symbols to form winning clusters, but they also stick on the grid UNTIL they form part of a win. Finally, there is also a logo scatter than will unlock the free spins round as we shall see in a moment.
What We Like
Super-fun cartoon slot
Lots of wild variations to enjoy
Multiplier wilds combine in clusters
Free spins re-triggers
High value top payout
What We Don't Like
Too volatile for some
Gameplay and Features
The best things happen on the Jurassic Party grid when Wilds are in play. They come in different shapes and take on different functions at various points in the game. These are the key events to look out for when spinning the reels:
- As well as being a CLUSTER PAYS slot, Jurassic Party is also a CASCADING WINS game – that means for every cluster that forms, all winning symbols drop from the grid to be replaced with new ones. If more wins are triggered, the process repeats. And so on, until no more wins occur.
- Note that WILDs are randomly assigned multipliers to boost wins in base game and bonus rounds. This occurs with a beachball thrown across the grid – cool, huh?! Those multipliers can combine too, so keep your eyes out.
- The free spins round is triggered by landing THREE or more LOGO SCATTERS. These neon beauties get you SEVEN free spins with at least TWO FEATURE PICKS.
- One extra FEATURE PICK is awarded for every EXTRA SCATTER that triggers your round.
- Check out the grid at the end of any base game spin – if you have TWO SCATTERS in play then you get a re-spin with two features from our list below active at random.
- There are SIX possible FEATURE PICKS – you get to reveal yours by choosing a cocktail at the beach bar (what else!). Head on over there and grab yourself a drink and you’ll reveal one of the following:
- One symbol becomes wild – one paying symbol is converted into a wild.
- Expander – one symbol (standard or wild) lands as 2×2 in the round.
- Random Wilds – between 2 and 6 added before each spin (non-sticky).
- Extra Spins – get 2 extra plays added to your total.
- Upgrades – one egg hatches and is upgraded to its senior dinosaur version for the round.
- Extra Pick – down another drink to reveal another feature pick!
NOTE: you can also earn extra spins by landing more scatters during free spins (1 scatter= 1 spin).
And outside the UK you can invoke the MEGABET function – with your stake at 50% extra you’ll get an extra feature pick at the start of the free spins round. You can also buy into free spins at 80x outside the UK.
If you like games where the backdrop shifts in the free spins round then you’ll love Jurassic Party – the sun sets and the party vibe really kicks in at this point. And that kind of sums up what we love about this particular Relax Gaming slot. It just has a great feel to it and one that should lift everyone’s spirits who plays it come April.
But what about the win potential? Well at 20,000x it certainly feels enticing though we should note that odds of hitting that will be well over 1,000,000 to 1. Nevertheless, there will be opportunities to hit payouts in the 1,000x + range on occasion with the right combination of multiplier wilds and upgrades. Remember, if you see more than one multiplier wild they will combine in a winning cluster, so there is opportunity there. Just keep in mind that this is yet another high risk Relax Gaming slot so it will push your patience to the limit!
In summary, Jurassic Party is a happy go luck slot with a mean edge – as such it will be a great option for grid slots fans when the summer kicks in this year! Have fun!