Since its launch in 2021, Skrill (formally Moneybookers), has become one of the most popular eWallets for online gamblers in the United Kingdom. It is simple, easy to use, very secure and accepted at almost every UK casino you can find. Like other eWallet options it is also lightning-fast and suitable for both deposits and withdrawals.
Now, for those already familiar with the service, we provide a list of the very best slot sites that accept Skrill. And for those new to the game our comprehensive guide will help you to understand what Skill is and whether it is suitable for your needs.
18+ new players only. Maximum £50 bonus. Minimum deposit: £20. Deposit Bonus wins are capped at £500. Max bet with active bonus: £2. Wagering requirement 100% match deposit bonus: 30 times sum of deposit + bonus. Winnings from Free Spins are credited as Real Money without wagering requirement. Some games may not be played with an active bonus. Games may contribute differently when wagering a bonus. Deposit Bonus expires after 30 days if wagering requirement has not been met. Free Spins expire after 3 days. One bonus allowed per person, address, device, IP. www.begambleaware.org. Full bonus terms apply Terms apply. BeGambleAware.org.
*18+ Applies only to new depositing players. Minimum deposit: £10. 35x Wagering requirement applies to match up bonus. Spins credited in specific games. Spins expire after 24 hours. Wagering requirement applies to spins. Terms and Conditions apply. Please play responsibly. begambleaware.org #AD Terms apply. BeGambleAware.org.
Welcome package includes 3 deposit bonuses as follows: First Deposit: 100% up to £50 + 20 Spins on Starburst *Min. Deposit £10 Second Deposit: 50% up to £75 *Min. Deposit £20 Third Deposit: 50% up to £75 *Min. Deposit £20 After first deposit made, customers will get + 20 Spin for the next 4 days: 1st day after First Deposit: 20 Spins of Finn and the Swirly Spin 2nd day after First Deposit: 20 Spins of Book of Dead 3rd day after First Deposit: 20 Spins of VIP Black 4th day after First Deposit: 20 Spins of Aloha! Cluster Pays Winnings won with spins that require deposit, have to be wagered 35x. Bonuses that require deposit, have to be wagered 35x. Terms apply. BeGambleAware.org.
A Guide To Skrill Casinos
At AllSlotSites.com we don’t just help you to find your next slots destination, we also provide you with useful guides that will improve your knowledge and understanding of gambling and show you how to get more from your online betting. That includes finding suitable payment services. So in this guide we will highlight the pros and cons of using Skrill, show you how quick and easy it is to get set up and start depositing, and tell you where you can find the best licensed and safe Skrill casinos and play the best slots with Skrill.
How To Use Skrill
Whilst Skrill is used in retail and for other online services, its best application is on gambling sites where it holds its own alongside other big eWallet brands like Paypal and Neteller. And just like its famous competitors, Skrill is very simple and easy to use and requires very little of your time to get started.
Here is how you get your Skill account set up:
- Head to Skrill.com or download the app to create a new account. You’ll need some basic personal details including your name, country, currency, email and password.
- Wait for the SMS or email from the Skrill team to verify your account.
- You will also need to verify your ID with scans of your passport or driver’s license as well as recent bank statements and utility bills.
- Finally, choose a bank account to link to your Skrill eWallet.
Once you have a Skrill account its very simple to start making deposits into a casino account. All you have to do is log into any Skrill Casino like the ones listed on this page, then head to the cashier and choose Skill from the deposit options. From there you can transfer money to your casino and start playing instantly.
The whole process takes just a few minutes from start to finish so you can be up and running playing slots with Skill in no time.
Further Skrill Options
To speed things up there is now a Skrill 1-Tap service that allows you to deposit with 1 click. Some casinos have this option within the cashier making topping up your account even easier. Be aware though that this option comes with a 4.9% fee – that’s pretty steep in the UK where most deposits are completely free.
There is also a Skrill Mastercard that you can apply for at a cost of £10 per year. If you own one of these then you can withdraw winnings directly to the Mastercard and start spending them instantly rather than waiting a further few days for the funds to be transferred from your eWallet to your bank balance.
Advantages of Using Skrill
Unfortunately, Apple Pay is not available for withdrawals, so keep in mind that you will need to find another payment service if you win and want to take funds
You may already be starting to get some idea as to why Skrill is so popular. To help you understand, here are a few important advantages of this eWallet.
- Skrill is fast – just like other eWallets, deposit and withdrawals to and from your eWallet our instant. This is a big plus for slots players who know that withdrawing to a bank account can take up to 5 working days.
- Setting up a Skrill account is free – there are no membership fees or subscriptions.
- There are several ways to top up your Skrill eWallet balance, including wire transfer, debit card, Trustly and Paysafecard.
- It is very secure – you will not need to share your bank account details with the casino operator to make your deposit. You just need your Skrill account name and password.
from your account. For fast withdrawals we recommend using a payment service like Paypal.
For deposits though, as we have already mentioned, Apple Pay is extremely fast compared to old-school payment methods like bank transfers or cheques – so you realize why we are so keen on Apple Pay casinos. Simply go through the technical setup, and you will have the ability to make an online casino deposit for your favourite slot machine or casino game within seconds.
Disadvantages of Using Skrill
Whilst Skrill is very simple to use and free for deposits, our enthusiasm for this service does come with some caveats. Here are some of the disadvantages Skrill has compared to other eWallets you find in casino cashiers.
- Fees for transfers into your Skrill account – for most payment options Skrill charges a 1% fee for deposits into the wallet.
- Withdrawal fees – One of the drawbacks of Skrill is it comes with fees that will apply to your withdrawals. There is a 3.49% fee applied when a player wants to withdraw funds to his Skrill account. However, this is variable – a 7.5% fee is charged when withdrawals are directed towards a debit card, and the fee for withdrawals to a bank account is a flat £4.73. Whilst these are not particularly exorbitant, it is still a consideration when most other payment methods do not charge you when using the same features.
- Some casinos avoid offering bonuses for Skrill deposits – like with Neteller, most casinos will not make Skrill deposits eligible for welcome bonuses. There may be a few exceptions, but we recommend that you always read the terms and conditions before you use Skrill for the first time at a specific casino.
Verification of your bank account – It’s a small issue, but in order to use a Skrill account for the first time you will need to link it to a bank account. At this point a microtransaction is issued – Skrill will deposit a small amount into your bank account to make sure it is yours. This should take just a few minutes but can take longer. So, keep this in mind when first using Skrill. Of course, once it’s done, you won’t need to go through the process again
Skrill Payout Times and Withdrawal Limits
Withdrawal times have been a contentious issue for online casino players in the UK for decades now. Fortunately, thanks to increased regulatory pressure and customer feedback, most operators have now restricted notorious ‘pending periods’ – the time it takes for a casinos finance team to confirm a withdrawal and send the funds – down to just a few hours. But even once the funds have been released by your casino the speed at which they are available to you to spend depends on the payment service you are using. We all know that banks can take up to 5 days to show funds on your balance. Fortunately, eWallets, including Skrill, have no delays here, making them the fastest withdrawal options. Indeed, you will have the money in your hands on the same day you request it in most cases.
The limits on your withdrawals at a Skrill Casino are decided by the operator themselves, so we recommend that you check the general terms on any site you join to see how much you can access in one transaction. In most cases the minimum will be at least £5,000 per month and often there will be no limit at all.
Skrill Casino Bonuses
Unfortunately, most casinos choose to discount Skrill deposits from all their bonuses. This is due to a practice known as bonus abuse where players set up multiple accounts and claim the same bonus several times over. Both Skrill and Neteller have been subject to this problem in the past and having been burned, operators no longer run bonus campaigns for players using this service. If you are looking for a good welcome package then we recommend that you try one of the alternative eWallet services listed below.
Alternatives To Using Skrill
Skrill has many advantages and its increasing popularity in the last decade is testament to its convenience and reliability. However, due to the fees applied to some withdrawals, and the lack of good bonuses, some player look to other eWallets to deposit at their favourite casinos. Here we have chosen four relevant alternatives that you can try.
Paypal – by far the most popular eWallet service for casinos is Paypal. It is equally fast and secure for both deposits and withdrawals and is eligible for bonuses too. Find a list of good Paypal casinos here.
Paysafecard – it may now be an eWallet but Paysafecard is a simple and easy payment option for those without a bank account or who do now wish to share their bank details. It’s a prepaid card available from high street stores.
BOKU Pay by Mobile – BOKU allows you to make deposits into your casino account using your mobile phone with charges applied to your monthly bill or pay as you go credit. Quick and easy, all transactions are verified by SMS – no bank details needed! You can find out more in this guide.
Trustly – Another popular digital payment service that doesn’t require you to share you bank account number with the casino operator is Trustly. It is not an eWallet but rather it facilitates movement of money between your bank and another business. It’s fast and free and you can read more here.
- Skrill is an eWallet service that customers can pay money into which can then be used to pay for goods and services online. It is primarily used as an option for online gambling accounts.
- Yes, you will need to open an account on the Skrill website or on their app if you wish to start using the service to deposit and play at a Skrill Casino. It takes just a few minutes and requires ID verification through your phone or on email. You also need to link your Skrill account to a bank account.
- Not every casino in the UK has the Skrill payment option, but most do. If you choose one of the casinos on this page then you will be able to use Skrill to deposit today.
- The minimum deposit using Skrill will vary from one casino site to the next, but in most cases it will be either £5 or £10.
- It is now very rare for a casino to offer a bonus for Skrill deposits. This is because the service has been abused in the past by players looking to earn multiplier welcome bonuses from the same casino. If the bonus is important to you then we recommend instead that you use a service like Paypal.