About This Slot
Temple Tumble 2 is the direct sequel to the original Temple Tumble game starring an adventurer couple who are in pursuit of Lost Legend Treasures. This series of games also includes Temple Tumble Megaways™ and Cluster Tumble. Where the original found our explorers in the Polynesian jungle, this time they have arrived at the foot of an ancient Egyptian edifice. In front of them stands a gigantic and imposing 6×6 grid on which all the action will unfold.
Unlike an ordinary slot Temple Tumble 2 is like a puzzle game that must be unlocked to discover treasures. The name of the game here is to destroy all blocks on the grid which will trigger the free spins round. If you get that far you’ll choose from three bonus modes which introduce multipliers and symbols transforms.
When this game arrived at our favourite slot sites in May 2022, as well as wow-ing us with its super-cool features, it also became the first Relax Gaming slot to feature it’s new Dream Drop Jackpots. As we will discover in this review, that is another BIG reason why you should be prepared to give it a spin.
RTP, Variance and Top Payout
Relax Gaming are amongst the best exponents of high risk slots entertainment so the following numbers are no surprise.
- Relax Gaming give this a 4/5 variance rating which might not make it as tough as the Money Train series, but the win distribution will still be very uneven.
- The top win in normal play is 10,045x. Remember there are Dream Drop Jackpots in excess of £1,000,000 up for grabs too.
- The RTP of the game is 94.8%. This is lower than average to account for the contribution to the progressive jackpots.
- The hit frequency – odds of hitting a winning spin – is 21.42%.
- Spins start at 20p per play.
Symbols and Graphics
Like all the best Relax Gaming slots, Temple Tumble 2 is rich in graphics, with sharp depictions of characters and icons on the reels. Here are the highlights of the paytable:
- Temple Tumble 2 plays on a grid with 6 reels and 6 rows.
- There are 46,656 paylines in play at all times. This is because a win is triggered by landing identical symbols on adjacent reels regardless of which row the are on. The payline calculation is therefore 6x6x6x6x6x6.
- There are 9 basic symbols and 2 Wilds.
- The low payers are the cards, Jack through to Ace. These all carry the same value from 0.05x for 3 on a line to 0.2x for 6 on a line.
- There are three mid-paying gemstones – red, blue and green. The red is the highest value at 0.5x for 6 on a payline.
- The highest value symbols are the scary skull and snake. The skull gets you up to 0.6x for 6 on a line. The snake is worth 1x for 6 on a line.
- Our hero and heroine are both WILD and sub in for any other symbol to complete a win line. They do not have individual values however.
NOTE: Whilst these values for symbols may seem low, keep in mind that you have a guaranteed 46,656 paylines in play at all times so there are lots of opportunities to trigger wins.
What We Like
Dream Drop Jackpots chance to win big
Choice of 3 bonus modes
Add extra free spins in bonus round
Awesome graphics and animations
What We Don't Like
Tough payout model at high variance
Gameplay and Features
NOTE: Your objective here is ALWAYS to remove ALL symbols from the grid to unlock the free spins round. Win Cascades which destroy symbols will help you. Here is how it works:
Like all good grid slots, Temple Tumble 2 works on an Avalanche Wins model. After any winning spin / drop, winning symbols are removed from the grid and new ones drop in to replace them.
There is a cool twist there though – when the winning symbols are removed, vertically and horizontally adjacent symbols are destroyed as well.
NOTE: Keep your eye out for the cool animations during the game. With each Drop the stone tiles land with a satisfying thud, kicking up dust as they do and your explorer characters, standing at the base of the grid, get animated when the payouts are rewarding.
To unlock the free spins round you need to remove ALL symbols from the grid. That gets you SIX free spins. If you clear the grid again during these spins, another THREE are awarded.
You get to pick from three bonus round options where modifiers are attributed to some of the blocks on the grid:
- Multipliers and Extra Spins – in this mode special Multiplier Blocks come with multipliers and if they are destroyed then their multiplier value gets added to the overall win multiplier for the round. You also get Spin Blocks which add 1, 2 or 3 extra spins to your free spins total when destroyed.
- Persistent Wild and Fire Transform – in this mode, rather than being destroyed, Persistent Wild Blocks have FIVE extra lives AND turn Wild when adjacent to a winning block. And Fire Transform Blocks become pay symbols and turn one other symbol into their own after the following cascade.
- Combined – the final mode is the combination of the two, giving you Multiplier Blocks, Extra Spin Blocks, Persistent Wild Blocks and Fire Transform Blocks.
Dream Drop Jackpots
As well as the base game and free spins rounds, Temple Tumble 2 also offers Relax Gaming’s Dream Drop Jackpots. There are five in total: Rapid, Midi, Maxi, Major and Mega, seeded form £1 right up to £1,000,000.
The Dream Drop feature is triggered by landing five ‘DD’ symbols. A new screen then opens-up featuring five new reels of different heights, each representing one jackpot, and from here you are guaranteed to win one of the five jackpots.
Now only Gold DDs or stone blocks land on the reels. Blocks may be destroyed but DDs always stay on the grid. Once one of the reels if filled, the jackpot displayed above it is paid out.
By September 2022 more than 500,000 Dream Drop Jackpots have been paid out, including three Mega Jackpots. Two of these were won on this very game. You can read more on this page.
More Games Like Temple Tumble 2 Dream Drop Jackpot Slot
If you like this game, you’ll definitely like these two as well.
TNT Tumble Dream Drop – Released in August 2022, this is an upgrade on the original TNT Tumble game that uses a similar gameplay to Temple Tumble 2. It is also high variance and runs at a slightly lower RTP (94%) and with a slightly smaller top win (10,000x). TNT sets off block destructions and multipliers and extra spins are available in the free spins round. You can play this one at Play OJO.
Volatile Vikings Dream Drop – We expect many more Dream Drop games in the future, but right now this is amongst our favourite and another worthy alternative to Temple Tumble 2. It also runs at 94.8% RTP with a 10,000x top win. It’s more like a traditional slot on a 5 reel and 4 row grid. Also look out for the Multiplier Reveal and the Free Spins round with a Persistent Multiplier feature.
Where to Play Temple Tumble 2 Dream Drop – Further Recommendations
You can also play this game at either of these recommended sites:
Casumo – One of our favourite slot sites is this one from Casumo. It is packed with over 2,000 slots, including the full Dream Drop suite of games. You can also get 25 Book of Dead spins if you sign up today. You’ll find them here.
Voodoo Dreams – Part of the SuprPlay network of sites including Duelz, Voodoo Dreams is a fun slots casino with over 1,000 games. They have been taking bets since 2018 and offer 100% up to £50 and 50 Book of Dead spins on sign up. Check them out here.
Temple Tumble 2 is an impressive looking game and an alternative gameplay that will be appealing to anyone who likes to try something a bit different. The cascades are fairly relentless and whilst the symbol values are small, there is still the possibility of some decent wins in the base rounds thanks to the large number of win ways.
The idea of unlocking a free spins round by destroying all blocks on a grid rather than using scatters was fun and original. When picking a bonus mode we’d recommend the Multipliers and Extra Spins which offer higher win potential when you land good multipliers.
Finally, the big draw here is the Dream Drop Jackpot feature. It will trigger fairly regularly – Relax say that by September more than 500,000 winners had been created. Keep in mind most of those are winning the small value Rapid. But with a £1,000,000 + Mega to play for, there is always the chance of hitting that life-changing payout.