Jin Chan’s Pond of Riches Slot Review
Slot Provider: Thunderkick
RTP: % | Variance: High | Maximum Win: 10,000x
Our Score: 8.4
About Jin Chan’s Pond of Riches
Reviewed by: Anon Author
Published Date: 30th September 2020
How We Review Slot GamesWe test and rate all slot games across 5 criteria, assigning a score out of 10 for each and an overall score that is an average of the 5. To build an accurate assessment of each game we gather information from the supplier and play in real play or demo mode. Find out more.
Thunderkick, Swedish masters of the quirky, arty online slot, brought us Jin Chan’s Pond of Riches back in September 2020. The Jin Chan is a lucky frog that symbolises wealth – it is the Feng Sui charm for prosperity. You see statues of him in shops, restaurants and businesses in China. And of course, that makes him a nice emblem for an online slot game too. Whether or not he’ll bring you, or Thunderkick, the wealth remains to be seen.
This is a typical Thunderkick game in many ways. The artwork is high quality, cleanly drawn and follows the same styling of games like Divine Lotus, Phoenix Paradise and Jaguar Temple. The backdrop to the game is a peaceful Oriental garden. A temple-type stucture with ornate carvings frames the reel set, and an ambient Oriental soundtrack provides a sedate backdrop to your spins.
Jin Chan’s Pond of Riches Game Information
- RTP: 94.27%
- Variance: High
- Maximum Win: 10,000x
- Progressive Jackpot: No
- Reels: 5
- Rows: 3
- Paylines: 15
- Minimum Stake: £0.10
- Theme: Oriental
- Features: Multiplier Wilds, Free Spins, Sticky Re-Spins
Jin Chan’s Pond of Riches Review Scores
- Gameplay and Features 8
- Maximum Win 8
- Theme and Design 9
- Paytable 8
- RTP and Variance 7
What Our Reviewer Says ...
"A good Oriental-themed high variance slot with some tasty wild multipliers but let down by a low RTP."
Our Score: 8.4
Jin Chan’s Pond of Riches Pros and Cons
What We Liked
- Peaceful Asian theme, beautiful design
- Multiplier Wilds
- Sticky Respins Feature
- Free Spins Bonus Game
- 10,000x stake max payout
What We Didn't like
- Below average RTP of 94.27%
- 15 fixed paylines
RTP and Variance
Our Score 7
What is RTP?RTP (Return to Player) refers to the amount a game will pay out in cash prizes expressed as a percentage of all the money wagered on that game. For example, a 96% RTP means a game will pay out £96 for every £100 wagered. This is an average number and will vary from one session to the next. Read more here.
What is Variance?Variance refers to how far a game will deviate from its RTP over time. High variance games deviate a lot and produce uneven win distributions and unexpected windfalls. Low variance games provide a more stable and even distribution of wins. Read more here.
Jin Chan’s Pond of Riches RTP is 94.27%. This is lower than average and an odd deviation away from Thunderkick’s standard 96.1% RTP. It is unclear why the RTP is so low, but if you are looking for better return then there are a few other games in the Thunderkick catalogue that you could try:
- 1429 Unchartered Seas – 98.6% RTP
- Barber Shop Uncut – 97% RTP
- Tiki Time – 97.1% RTP
The variance is very high, much like other Thunderkick games like Beat the Beast Quetzalcoatl’s Trial or the recent Triple Royal Gold. And this is reflected in the top payout which is 10,000x. You won’t find many games from this studio with a potential to match that, although Big Fin Bay at 15,040x and Gods of Rock at 20,000x are both higher.
Overal, the maths isn’t bad but is let down by that surprisingly low RTP.
Symbols and Paytable
Our Score 8
What is impressive is the symbol values here. The icons are all beautifully illustrated and at the top level can offer some very nice wins. Here are the highlights of the paytable:
- This is a 5 reel and 3 row game with just 15 fixed paylines in play at all times.
- There are no reel or payline expansions available.
- Wins are triggered by landing 3 or more identical symbols on the reels from left to right.
- The low payers are the cards 9 through to Ace with a 6x for five Aces on a line.
- The premiums are the animals – turtles, fish, king fisher and frog. The frog is worth a tasty 50x for five on a line.
- Finally, look out for the Wild which subs in for all others AND activates multipliers as we shall see.
Features and Gameplay
Our Score 8
Gameplay is simple and straight-forward here. Wilds, Free Spins, Scatters and Multipliers are all important. Here is how they work.
Wilds ALWAYS Include Multpliers
Every wild that forms part of a payline has a multiplier applied to it. The multiplier value is the same as the reel it appears on. So a wild on reel 3 has a 3x multiplier. AND … these multiply together when more than one wild appears on a payline. So, if you had a 5 wilds on one line the multplier would be 120x (1x2x3x4x5).
Scatters Award Free Spins With Sticky Re-Spins
Land 3 or more scatters and you will unlock the bonus round like this:
- 3 scatters – 8 free spins
- 4 scatters – 12 free spins
- 5 scatters – 16 free spins
Any additional scatter landing in the bonus round gets you 1 extra free spin. Every THIRD scatter gets you an extra wild added to the reels on EACH further spin. Up to 3 wilds can appear like this.
And … during the bonus round your free spins, after each win, the winning symbols LOCK for a re-spin. This keeps happening until no more wins are scored.
Further Recommendations – More Slot Sites With Thunderkick Games
We also suggest you check our reviews of these two casinos for further places to play Jin Chan’s Pond of Riches.
- An Aspire Global Casino
- Over 1,000 slot games including Thunderkick games
- 150 NetEnt spins on first four deposits
- Play with Paypal
- Another Aspire Global Casino
- Get 50 Starburst spins with first deposit
- Over 700 slots to try
- Minimum deposit £20
The Final Verdict
Our Score 8.4
Jin Chan’s Pond of Riches gets a mixed review from us. It is indeed an enigmatic slot and there are some things we really liked about it.
- It definitely has big potential in the bonus round. The combination of scatters adding extra spins and more wilds to the reels can prolong the journey but its the re-spins with sticky symbols that will really drive up your payouts. If you can land a few of these with some wild win lines with high multipliers you have a great chance of hitting a payout of over 1,000x.
- Yes, those combining multiplier wilds are the highlight of the show here. Look out for them and try to land wilds as high up the reel set as you can for maximum multiplier value.
- The artwork here is just what we expect from a Thunderkick game. It looks great and makes it a pleasure to play.
However, there is one outstanding flaw with the maths in Jin Chan’s Pond of Riches. The RTP of 94.27% is way wide of the mark and brings the game down. If you can live with it, this is a great little slot. If not, we recommend trying one Thunderkick’s other high variance games instead.
Who Made Jin Chan’s Pond of Riches?
Allslotsites.com - Trusted and Independent Online Slot Reviews
Allslotsites.com has been publishing online slot reviews since 2018. It’s fair to say we know a thing or two about what makes a good game – that magic mix of theme, style, gameplay and payout potential. For each slot we review we take you on the full journey through its narrative and design, reel configuration, key numbers including RTP and max win, volatility level, gameplay, and finally an expert verdict. You can also check our comparison tables to see how each slot matches up against others handpicked by our reviewers and check our tips on hitting that winning streak.
We are not paid by the developers whose games we cover. We are independent and our views of each game are honest. That is why you can trust us!
Learn, explore and find your next slots adventure with us!!