Play Outlaw At These Slot Sites
About This Slot
Outlaw by Big Time Gaming is the third instalment in a trilogy of games that started back in 2019 with Lil Devil and continued with the excellent Wild Flower in 2021. All three games take their inspiration from hit songs by the English alternative 80s rock band, The Cult, a favourite of BTG chief, Nik Robinson, by all accounts. And all three games play out on a wickedly high variance with huge potential.
All the hallmarks or classic BTG games are here. This is a Megaways™ slot that chugs along relentlessly with variable paylines on every spin and a series of features that can suddenly kickstart the game to new levels where multipliers of up to 777x (yes, 777x!) are possible and the 60,000x or more top win suddenly doesn’t seem so far fetched.
There is a lot of anticipation for this one which will arrive at recommended slot sites in November 2022 (date T.B.C.).
RTP, Variance and Top Payout
Highly volatile and high with potential – what else did you expect?– Outlaw will please the die-hard BTG fans no end. Let’s take a look at the maths in more detail:
- Time will tell with more play just how volatile Outlaws is, but early indications are that this is another high-risk monster. In the same series as Lil Devil that is no wonder. So be ready for a roller coaster ride of sharp peaks and troughs in your gameplay.
- And there are no holds barred on the top win either – a whopping 64,400x shows that BTG are taking the game to high risk rivals like No Limit City and Relax Gaming.
- The RTP of Outlaw slot is a standard 96.1% for BTG.
- Spins on this game will start at 20p per play.
Symbols and Graphics
A cast of familiar-looking symbols greets anyone who is a regular with BTG slots. The artwork is very reminiscent of Wild Flower and Lil Devil and symbol values aren’t bad at all.
Here are the highlights of the paytable:
- This is a Megaways™ slot with 6 reels and 2 to 7 rows per reel. That gives you up to 117,649 paylines in play when all 6 reels are at full height (6x6x6x6x6x6).
- Wins are triggered by landing 3 or more identical symbols on ANY position on adjacent reels from left to right, starting with reel 1. EXCEPT when the highest value premium (the pink skull) is concerned. Then ONLY TWO symbols are needed.
- Low payers are the cards, 9 through to Ace. The Ace pays out just 0.4x for six on a line.
- Premiums are the picture symbols made up of red roses, bottles, cacti and the pink skull that also appears in a few other BTG slots
- The skull pays out a decent 10x for six on a line
- There are two Wilds to look out for as well – the Outlaw and the Sheriff Both of which sub in to create wins.
What We Like
Amazing 777x multipliers
Wild reels with 7x multipliers
Enhanced free spins and 777x multipliers
Awesome soundtrack from The Cult
Classic high variance action from BTG
What We Don't Like
Too high risk for some players
Gameplay and Features
Outlaw might be a Megaways™ game but that doesn’t mean it can’t be original. There are no win cascades and no mystery symbols, but it is stacked with Wilds and Free Spins. Here is how it plays out.
Wild Reels With 7x Multipliers!
The two Wilds – Outlaw and Sheriff – both appear on fully wild reels 2, 3 and 4. When a Sheriff appears as part of a win, that win is multiplied by a very tasty 7x.
Silver Scatters, Gold Scatters, And Two Free Spins Rounds!
Watch out for scatters, both silver and gold, because sanding 3 or more triggers the Free Spins round. If a GOLD SCATTER is in the mix, then the Enhanced Free Spins are triggered.
Now, there are TWO free spins rounds to pick from as well – Fallen Angels or Dizzy in the Head. Both have their strengths, and before either begins you’ll hear the strains of the title track, Outlaw, by The Cult.
Here is the configuration for each round:
Fallen Angel Free Spins Round
- 7 free spins awarded
- 1 low payer is chosen to be a Sticky Wild
- When your Sticky Wild lands on reels 2, 3, 4 or 5, it locks for the entire free spins round AND the number of symbols on that reel locks too
- If you get lucky enough to see an entire reel covered with Sticky Wilds, then you’ll earn yourself another 3 spins
- If you triggered the Enhanced version of Fallen Angel Free Spins then you get an EXTRA STICKY WILD as one of the premiums is chosen to be a sticky wild too
- Finally, scatters are REMOVED from the reels for the free spins round
Dizzy in the Head Free Spins Round
- 8 free spins awarded
- On EVERY SPIN you will see a fully wild reel with a ‘Ladder’ of multipliers displayed on it. This multiplier is up to 77x and applies to any win lines that pass through it.
- Silver scatters will still be in play so extra spins can be triggered – 3 scatters earns 4 more spins, 4 scatters earns 6 more spins and 5 scatters earns 8 more spins.
- But wait … in the Enhanced Dizzy in the Head Free Spins round things get better still as when a Wild Ladder forms part of a win, from there on the multipliers are enhanced up to a massive 777x for the rest of the round!
Exchange Wins For Free Spins
You can also buy your way into the free spins round by exchanging a win of 100x or more. Or if you win 25x to 100x, you can gamble on a wheel feature to get entry to the free spins round.
More Games Like Outlaw Slot
If you like the sound of Outlaw then you may also enjoy these two – one BTG slot from the same series, and one from rival studio, No Limit City.
Lil Devil Slot – It would be wrong to write this review without comparing Outlaw to at least one of the others in the series. Lil Devil was the first Cult-themed slot from BTG. It’d model is slightly different – there are no Megaways – it is a 4,096 payline game. The RTP is marginally higher at 96.31% and the top win lower at 50,000x. It is similar in that it also offers TWO free spins rounds each with different configurations. Sticky wilds and multipliers of up to 144x sit give series boosts to your wins! If you love Outlaw, you MUST try this one too!
Tombstone RIP – Another high risk slot with an ‘outlaw’ theme is this one from NLC. It is renowned for having one of the toughest maths models of all times. The top win comes in at a staggering 300,000x across 108 paylines on a 2-3-3-3-1 reel set. The features are different, but equally compelling compared to BTG’s games. You get all sorts of splitting cells, nudging reels and wild multipliers. The ultimate goal is to hit the Boothill Free Spins round with a one in 16,000 chance of hitting the jackpot!
Where to Play Outlaw Slot – Further Recommendations
We also recommend these slot sites for Big Time Gaming slot games:
Duelz – this innovative slot site from SuprPlay is recommended because if offers the full suite of BTG and Megaways™ games from their licensees. You can enjoy 100 Book of Dead spins with your first deposit. And it has a cool ‘Dueling’ feature when you can go up against other players in a slots duel to earn points and bonuses.
Skol Casino – Alternatively, try this one from White Hat Gaming, a site stacked with more than 1,000 slots including BTG games. The welcome offer gets you up to £1,300 bonuses and 200 free spins as well. Skol is fully licensed by the UK Gambling Commission and accepts payments via Paypal if you need an alternative to debit cards.
Make no mistake, this is a Big Time Gaming slot in every respect! Rock n roll soundtrack, monster maths model, crazy multiplier opportunities and dizzying win sequences are all present and correct. As always, the chance to win the big money will only come in the free spins round and hunting down those gold scatters to ensure entry to the enhanced free spins rounds will become as frustrating as unlocking the finally gold bar in Bonanza. If successful, the Wild Ladder can be your redemption and the path to glory as the thought of those 777x multipliers is just insane!
In conclusion, we have no doubt that when it finally hits the casinos, this game will be a popular choice. But it comes with the same caveat as all high variance games – its appeal is to high risk gamblers who like to chase down those big wins. If that’s not you, look elsewhere!