Wheel of Wonders Slot Review
Slot Provider: Push Gaming
RTP: 96.5% | Variance: High | Maximum Win: 47,233x
Our Score: 8.8
About Wheel of Wonders
Reviewed by: Anon Author
Published Date: 29th September 2020
How We Review Slot GamesWe test and rate all slot games across 5 criteria, assigning a score out of 10 for each and an overall score that is an average of the 5. To build an accurate assessment of each game we gather information from the supplier and play in real play or demo mode. Find out more.
Wheel of Wonders from Push Gaming arrived in the UK in November 2022. It showcases this studio’s talent for creating truly original and innovative online slots and is one of those rare things – a game that we can honestly say has some totally unique and original features. Since it’s release, Push have gone on to produce groundbreaking slots like the recent, apocalyptic-themed Mad Cars, but at the time Wheel of Wonders felt like a huge step forward and a moment when these high variance specialists began to push for recognition as a studio as creative and fun as Relax Gaming and No Limit City.
The setting for the game itself is an unusual one – we are in the ancient, middle-Eastern land of Mesopotamia – surrounded by desert, sand dunes and a stone structure of some kind blurred out in the background. A few lonely palm trees are visible too, but this game is all about that massive 6×6 reel set that takes center stage. The design is clean, intricate and compelling.
The gameplay itself is an array of expanding paylines, symbol upgrades and and win multipliers, with two wheel bonus rounds at its core. And all that at a super-high variance with bags of potential.
Wheel of Wonders Game Information
- RTP: 96.5%
- Variance: High
- Maximum Win: 47,233x
- Progressive Jackpot: No
- Reels: 6
- Rows: 3
- Paylines: 729 to 46,656
- Minimum Stake: £0.10
- Theme: History
- Features: Cascading Symbols, Multipliers, Free Spins and Reel Modifiers
Wheel of Wonders Review Scores
- Gameplay and Features 9
- Maximum Win 9
- Theme and Design 9
- Paytable 8
- RTP and Variance 9
What Our Reviewer Says ...
"A sophisticated and compelling slot game with the potential to build towards a thrilling and rewarding climax as paylines open and multipliers activate!"
Our Score: 8.8
Wheel of Wonders Pros and Cons
What We Liked
- Original Mesopotamia theme
- Cascading Reels and Increasing Rows
- Up to 46,656 ways to win
- 47,233x stake jackpot
- Ancient Wheel Feature with Modifiers
What We Didn't like
- Long lean spells
RTP and Variance
Our Score 9
What is RTP?RTP (Return to Player) refers to the amount a game will pay out in cash prizes expressed as a percentage of all the money wagered on that game. For example, a 96% RTP means a game will pay out £96 for every £100 wagered. This is an average number and will vary from one session to the next. Read more here.
What is Variance?Variance refers to how far a game will deviate from its RTP over time. High variance games deviate a lot and produce uneven win distributions and unexpected windfalls. Low variance games provide a more stable and even distribution of wins. Read more here.
The RTP of Wheel of Wonders is 96.5% which is just above average. For Push fans, if you are looking for a higher return you could try these slots:
- Wild Swarm – 97.03% RTP
- Wizard Shop – 97% RTP
- The Shadow Order – 96.98% RTP
- Razor Shark – 96.7% RTP
All these games are available at the slot sites on this page.
The variance here is cranked up to the max. This is the studio that brought us games like Fat Rabbit and Bison Battle so don’t expect a let up in the volatility at any time and if you are looking for a smooth ride, go elsewhere. That risky engine is matched by a top payout of 47,233x, making this one of Push Gaming’s highest-paying slots.If you are looking for bigger potential from Push you could try:
- Wild Wheel Big Money – 60,000x
- Razor Shark – 50,000x
- Jammin Jars 2 -50,000x
Symbols and Paytable
Our Score 8
Beautifully-carved stone blocks make up the symbols here, with some high values at the top end. Here are the highlights of the paytable:
- The game takes place on a 6×6 grid. Initially, only 3 rows are in play and you will need to ‘unlock’ other positions to expand to six high.
- The game starts with 729 paylines in play, but with all six rows open, can expand to 46,656 paylines.
- Wins are triggered by landing 3 or more identical symbols on ADJACENT reels regardless of position from left to right.
- There are 11 symbols. Low payers are the FOUR hieroglyph-type symbols, worth up to 2x for six on a line.
- Mid-range symbols include the wheel and claw, and are worth up to 8x for six on a line.
- The top payers are the three beasts heads, with a lion worth up to 40x for six on a line.
- Look out as well for the Saragon Wild which can sub for ANY other symbol to form wins.
Features and Gameplay
Our Score 9
This is a complex slot with a lot to take in. It’s worth spinning in demo mode a few times to get a feel for it before spending your own cash. Here is how it works:
Wins Trigger Cascades and Unlock New Positions
This feature is a constant in the game. For EVERY symbol type that occurs in a win, ONE extra position is added to the reels and paylines are re-calculated. At the same time, an Avalanche occurs and winning symbols are removed and new ones drop in to replace them. This may create further wins and open up more paylines.
When a win sequence ends, the reel set goes back to 3 rows high.
Unlock a ROW and Get an Ancient Wheel Spin
If your win sequence unlocks an ENTIRE ROW … then you get a spin on the Ancient Wheel. The spins is saved back until the current sequence of avalanches ends.
There are THREE wheel types, one for each new row that is unlocked and they have different configurations.
Here is what you get. Each segment of each wheel will give you one of these prizes:
Wheel 1 (one row unlocked): Get a random cash prize of 1,000x to 5,000x, or a random win multiplier of 2x to 10x or one of these modifiers: Embellish, Transmute, Restore
Wheel 2 (two rows unlocked): Get a random cash prize of 1,000x to 5,000x, or a random win multiplier of 2x to 10x or one of these modifiers: Embellish, Transmute, Restore, OR Renovate
Wheel 3 (three rows unlocked): Get a random cash prize of 1,000x to 5,000x, or a random win multiplier of 2x to 10x or one of these modifiers: Embellish, Transmute, Restore, Renovate, OR Transmute
How do those modifiers work? This is what each does:
Embellish – the most common symbol in play changes to a more valuable symbol and wins are calculated again.
Transmute – on reels 2 to 6 between 2 and 7 symbols are converted into Wilds and wins are re-calculated.
Restore – up to 7 more positions are added to the locked rows above the existing ones and new symbols cascade down to create more potential wins
Renovate – low payers are randomly upgraded to move valuable symbols and wins are calculated again.
Total Multiplier – the multiplier displayed on the wheel is applied to your total win from the spin that triggered the wheel.
Bet Multiplier – here you get a win equal to your bet x the multiplier value displayed on the wheel.
Wheel of Wonders Awards Free Spins with Up to 20x Multiplier!
But that’s not all … IF you can unlock ALL six rows you will unlock the Wheel of Wonders. First up you decide your multiplier with a spin of the wheel – 8x to 20x. Then you get 5 free spins where the win multiplier is applied to EVERY win!
AND … you can re-trigger those free spins by winning 5 or more times during the free spins round. 5 wins gets you 2 more spins, 9 gets you 3 more spins and 15 gets you 5 more spins.
Remember – you are now playing with ALL reels displaying SIX rows and 46,656 paylines in play!
Further Recommendations – More Slot Sites With Wheel of Wonders
If you are looking for somewhere to spin this slot, you could try these casinos which both offer Push Gaming slots:
- A Genesis Global casino
- Over 1,500 slots and live dealer games
- Get 100% match up to £100 with your first deposit
- Play with Paypal
- Over 2,500 games to play including Push Gaming slots
- Reel Races with leaderboards and prizes of £1,000s EVERY hour
- Get 20 Book of Dead spins when you join
- Play through their mobile app
The Final Verdict
Our Score 8.8
We absolutely loved this game. Here is why;
- Atmosphere – Wheel of Wonders is like an exotic journey into a mysterious world If you like a little cultural adventure and to learn as you play you’ll love it. Can’t think of any Mesopotamia themed slots apart from this one?!
- Classic high variance gameplay – it’s slow, very slow to start, but like all good high variance games, if you unlock the higher levels things can escalate very quickly. The ultimate goal is to unlock the Wheel of Wonders itself and there are some pretty big multipliers available. Even a 12x is good, but if you hit the 20x jackpot with all paylines in play you can score some truly outstanding wins.
- Some good modifiers available through the wheel. Our preference was for the Restore modifier – this gives you another avalanche with up to 7 new symbols dropping in which really shakes things up again.
Any flaws? Few, but if you are looking for regular wins and a balanced pay model you should look elsewhere. This is for high variance fans only!
Who Made Wheel of Wonders?
Allslotsites.com - Trusted and Independent Online Slot Reviews
Allslotsites.com has been publishing online slot reviews since 2018. It’s fair to say we know a thing or two about what makes a good game – that magic mix of theme, style, gameplay and payout potential. For each slot we review we take you on the full journey through its narrative and design, reel configuration, key numbers including RTP and max win, volatility level, gameplay, and finally an expert verdict. You can also check our comparison tables to see how each slot matches up against others handpicked by our reviewers and check our tips on hitting that winning streak.
We are not paid by the developers whose games we cover. We are independent and our views of each game are honest. That is why you can trust us!
Learn, explore and find your next slots adventure with us!!