Land of Zenith Slot Review
Slot Provider: Push Gaming
RTP: % | Variance: High | Maximum Win: 21,003x
Our Score: 8.4
About Land of Zenith
Reviewed by: Editor, All Slot Sites
Published Date: 5th March 2021
How We Review Slot GamesWe test and rate all slot games across 5 criteria, assigning a score out of 10 for each and an overall score that is an average of the 5. To build an accurate assessment of each game we gather information from the supplier and play in real play or demo mode. Find out more.
For high variance slots fanatics, this futuristic game from Push Gaming with a steampunk theme resembles other classics like Stormcraft’s Fortunium and 888 Gaming’s Steampunk Nation video slots. Push have a reputation for top production values and cool artwork found in games like Mad Cars and Deadly 5, and this game showcases a similar level of quality. The graphics have a retro feel and are backed up with sleek animations and a cinematic audio soundtrack that is nice, if a little repetitive.
The backdrop to the game is a airship flying high in the clouds amongst space-age style buildings. It has an uplifting and optimistic feel about it. You can find it at most UK slots sites right now.
Land of Zenith Game Information
- RTP: 96.29%
- Variance: High
- Maximum Win: 21,003x
- Progressive Jackpot: No
- Reels: 6
- Rows: 4
- Paylines: 30
- Minimum Stake: £0.10
- Theme: Action and Adventure
- Features: Bouncing Mystery Symbols, Hyper Mode Free Spins, Re-Triggers
Land of Zenith Review Scores
- Gameplay and Features 8
- Maximum Win 9
- Theme and Design 9
- Paytable 8
- RTP and Variance 8
What Our Reviewer Says ...
"A clever game with innovative gameplay but high variance meant too many spins with little of no action at all - requires much patience!"
Our Score: 8.4
Land of Zenith Pros and Cons
What We Liked
- Nice steam punk theme, pleasant art
- Very high value symbols
- Unique and innovative mystery symbols
What We Didn't like
- Very slow-paced for most spins
- Free spins round was over quickly
RTP and Variance
Our Score 8
What is RTP?RTP (Return to Player) refers to the amount a game will pay out in cash prizes expressed as a percentage of all the money wagered on that game. For example, a 96% RTP means a game will pay out £96 for every £100 wagered. This is an average number and will vary from one session to the next. Read more here.
What is Variance?Variance refers to how far a game will deviate from its RTP over time. High variance games deviate a lot and produce uneven win distributions and unexpected windfalls. Low variance games provide a more stable and even distribution of wins. Read more here.
Land of Zenith has an RTP of 96.29%. This is good but if you are looking for better returns from stakes on Push Gaming slots you could also try Wild Swarm (97.03%), Wizard Shop (97%) or Wild Wheel Big Money (96.98% RTP).
This is a highly volatile slot, something Push Gaming are known for. Games from them with a similar maths model include Fat Rabbit and Jammin’ Jars. The top payout here is a very good 21,003x but there are others from Push with even better potential such as Fire Hopper (50,00x) and Dinopolis (50,000x).
The minimum stake in Land of Zenith is 10p.
Symbols and Paytable
Our Score 8
Steak punk imagery dominates the graphics in this game and there is some really good value to be found in the premium symbols. Here are the highlights of the paytable:
- This is a six reel slot with four rows. There are 30 active paylines in play at at all times.
- Wins are formed by landing 3 or more identical symbols on a payline from left to right.
- The low payers are the gem-like Moon, Planet, Star and Sun icons. The highest value of these is the sun at 10x for six on a line.
- Premium symbols are the Data Slates, Butterflies, Robot Owls and the three Characters of a victorian man in bowler hat, the lady and the zenith captain in googles. He is worth a whopping 100x for six on a line.
- Standing alone at the peak of the paytable is a character somewhat reminiscent of the Wizard of Oz, awarding 200x your wager if 6 land in sequence.
- The Wild Crest also appears so that it can step in to substitute for all regular symbols to form winning lines. These are also valued at 200x for six on a line.
Features and Gameplay
Our Score 8
Land of Zenith has few features, and aside from the Wild symbol, nothing happens in the game until you activate either Bouncing Mystery or Hypermode Free Spins. This can only be done through the Disc Mechanism. Here is how it works:
Align Grooves in the Disc To Unlock Bonuses
You’ll notice the Disc Mechanism to the left of the reels. This consists of 3 concentric discs with grooves in them. When a Turner symbol lands on the reels, it triggers on of the concentric discs to spin one place clockwise or anti clockwise. Turners land on reels 2, 4 or 6 to turn either the outer, middle or inner disc clockwise or anti clockwise.
Aligning the grooves on all 3 discs triggers one of two bonus features.
The Bouncing Mystery Feature Leaves Mystery Symbols on the Reels
If you align three grooves after a normal spin, the Bouncing Mystery is unlocked. For this a glowing orb is launched onto the reels. It bounces around, hitting the edges. As it does it leaves Mystery Symbols in its wake and splits into further orbs causing more mystery symbols. Eventually the orbs all disappear.
In the background the reels are spinning and eventually they stop and all the mystery symbols created reveal ONE symbol before a win is paid out.
The Hypermode Free Spins Round
If the Disc Mechanism flashes gold before the grooves align, you get Hypermode Free Spins instead.
Now, instead of the standard free spins with a fixed number, instead you get a 20 second countdown where free spins keep playing til the clock gets to zero.
BUT the cool part is this … landing Wilds increases the speed of the spins AND adds 10 seconds back onto your total AND removes low value symbols from the reels. So you are getting more spins with and enhanced paytable.
And .. there is no limit to re-triggers so you can just keep going at faster rates with more time added!
The Final Verdict
Our Score 8.4
We played Land of Zenith at 10p per spin and here is what we found:
- This is a very slow slot game. We spend a long time, many spins, trying to unlock that Disc Mechanism. Frustratingly it would turn one way, then the other, never quite aligning more than two grooves on the discs. High variance slot games are known for this kind of frustration. However, there is so little else happening that it became boring quite quickly.
- The mechanism for Mystery Symbols was very cool. And watching the orbs bouncing around the screen was fun. We were lucky to get mystery symbols that transformed into six of the top paying symbol. Though they didn’t all come out on the same payline we still scored some nice wins.
- Also, the free spins mode is very cool. It took many spins to unlock but its more exciting than standard slot play because you never know when the round is going to end. We kept picking up re-triggers and although our £9.34 win from 10p was good (93x) there is clearly much more to come from this feature. You can see our win in the screen shot below.
- Finally, the soundtrack is nice, but quickly becomes soporific with amount of dead spins you experience.
This is a slot for fans of a particular type of game. It really DOES take a long time to unlock the free spins but when you do, with high value symbols of 200x and the option for unlimited re-triggers, there will surely be some epic wins on Land of Zenith in the future. If just requires, luck and patience to get there!
Who Made Land of Zenith?
Allslotsites.com - Trusted and Independent Online Slot Reviews
Allslotsites.com has been publishing online slot reviews since 2018. It’s fair to say we know a thing or two about what makes a good game – that magic mix of theme, style, gameplay and payout potential. For each slot we review we take you on the full journey through its narrative and design, reel configuration, key numbers including RTP and max win, volatility level, gameplay, and finally an expert verdict. You can also check our comparison tables to see how each slot matches up against others handpicked by our reviewers and check our tips on hitting that winning streak.
We are not paid by the developers whose games we cover. We are independent and our views of each game are honest. That is why you can trust us!
Learn, explore and find your next slots adventure with us!!