Play Hotline 2 At These Slot Sites
About This Slot
Hotline 2 from NetEnt is a sequel to the original Hotline game released in 2018. It is set in the 1980s and is inspired by Miami Vice, the TV drama series of glamour and crime with its stylish cops and villains, car chases, iconic music and sunset locations.
The main characters in the game are detectives Quinn and Riviera, who are investigating a jewellery heist masterminded by the elegant jewel thief, Kitty Weiss. The gameplay is similar to the original but enhanced by Wilds which expands and a free spins round in which the middle three reels expand from 3 to 6 rows high and the number of paylines increases from 243 to 1,944.
RTP, Variance and Top Payout
Hotline 2 from NetEnt has an RTP of 96.05%. This is lower than the original game which has an RTP of 97.04%. For higher RTP from NetEnt you could try Blood Sucker (98% RTP), Mega Joker (99% RTP) or Kings of Chicago (97.8% RTP).
This is a medium variance slot which means it will pay out regularly and without the uneven win distribution found in highly volatile slots. If you prefer high variance games from NetEnt you could try Dead or Alive 2 or Ozzy Osbourne.
The maximum win in Hotline 2 is 5,184x which is average for a medium variance game. If you want bigger potential we recommend trying slots by Swedish game studio, No Limit City, whose San Quentin xWays has a top payout of 150,000x.
The minimum bet is just 0.10, making the game suitable for all bank rolls.
Symbols and Graphics
Here are the highlights of the paytable:
- This is a 5 reel game with 3 rows per reel and 243 paylines in play. In the free spins round the number of paylines can increase to 1,944.
- Wins are triggered by landing 3 or more identical symbols on the reels from left to right.
- Low payers are the sparkling jewellery. High paying symbols are include detectives Quinn and Riviera and jewel thief Kitty Weiss. Kitty is the highest paying symbol, rewarding you with up to 2.66x your bet for 5 of a kind. The other high paying symbols are the detectives and a third cop.
- Look out for Wilds as well because they are important in this game. They sub for all other symbols to create wins. They can expand on reels 2, 3 and 4 when the wild lands on a Hotline – when this happens you’re treated to a video of a sports car purring along Miami bridge.
Fans of the 2018 original will notice the potential payouts in Hotline 2 are much lower than in its predecessor, where 5 Kitties could net you 200x your bet. Although it might be disappointing to find less generosity from Net Ent this time around, Hotline 2 makes up for this with its revamped Hotline feature with Bonus Buy option as we shall see in the next part of this review.
What We Like
Cool retro theme and sound track
New Hotline feature with Bonus Buy
Extra paylines during Free Spins
Low min bet suitable for all players
Expanding Wilds with embedded video
What We Don't Like
Lower paying symbols than Hotline 1
Gameplay and Features
Hotline 2 keeps things simple with the features. It’s all about wilds expanding in the Hotline zone and the expanded reel set in the free spins round which brings up more win lines. Here is how those features work:
Hotline 2 makes up for the shortfall in payouts from its symbol matches by boosting the winning chances in other areas. The default Hotline zone in the game occurs in the middle of the reel set. When a wild lands on reels 2, 3 or 4 it expands to full reel height. Additionally, there is a random Hotline Feature that triggers in either base game or free spins round. Now, the game turns to night-time mode and Stacked Wilds appear on some or all of the middle three reels.
NOTE: It’s also possible to activate the Hotline Feature at will using the Bonus Buy feature. At the base bet, only reel 3 is a Hotline, but when you activate the Double Bet bonus buy, reels 3 and 4 are both Hotlines and the bet is doubled. For even more Hotline action, use the Triple Bet bonus buy to turn reels 2, 3 and 4 into Hotlines and triple your bet.
Free Spins With Expanded Reels
The Scatters are exotic pink flamingos, which can trigger 7 free spins if you land 3 on the reels together. When a Wild lands in the Hotline zone, not only does it expand to full reel height, it also adds one more row to the reel. Rows can be added until a reel reaches six rows hight. At this point, if all three middle reels have a height of six rows, the number of paylines from 243 to 1944.
5 Ways To Win Big in Hotline 2
You’ve read the review, now here are 5 tips on winning big in NetEnt’s Hotline 2 game.
- Wilds are key to unlocking your big wins. Aim to land them on the middle three reels in the Hotline zone for maximum affect. Symbol values are low in this game so fully stacked wilds are really important to increase the frequency of your payouts.
- When you play with free spins you play with an enhanced payout structure because the number of paylines grows with each expanding wild to land. You can still pick up decent wins in the base game but the free spins round is where the best stuff happens.
- Utilises Bonus Buy carefully – if you choose to activate the Hotline feature do so with caution. It changes the games RTP to 94.51%, 95.35%, or 96.05%. So you may increase the chances of landing expanding wilds, but the overall RTP may drop. Check the game rules for full details.
- Play responsibly – you only need to stake 1op per spin so set your wager low to make your money last.
- Choose a slot site from our list or recommendations. They are all UK-licensed and reviewed by our team.
Further Recommended Slot Sites For Hotline 2
We also recommend these two casinos where Hotline 2 is available.
- Get 50 Keep What You Win Free Spins on Book of Dead
- Deposit and play slots with Paypal
- Over 1,000 slots to try
- Live Chat Support
- Owned by SuprPlay Ltd
- 150 free spins with first deposit
- Paypal accepted
- Over 1,000 slots
- New games added monthly
- Owned by Aspire Global Ltd
Hotline 2 is a thrilling continuation of the Miami crime story and players who love the 80s theme are in for a treat. Although the basic payouts aren’t as high as with Hotline, the Expanding Wilds and the potentially lucrative free spins with increased rows and paylines help to make up for it. The animations and sound track create an involving atmosphere, while the medium volatility, good RTP and low minimum bet make this suitable for all pockets. Slots fans are sure to enjoy their return visit to the sun-baked streets of Miami this August!