Play Phoenix Paradise At These Slot Sites
About This Slot
Scheduled for release at online slots sites in the UK for September 2022, Thunderkick’s latest title is Phoenix Paradise, an ethereal game evoking a far-eastern atmosphere that has the Swedish game providers stamp all over it. Artistically it is reminiscent of their slots like Tiger Rush and Jaguar Temple though the variance and top pay are significantly higher than both of those.
The Phoenix bird is one that rose from the flames in Ancient Greek mythology. Here the creature is migrated to a lush jungle setting where it appears both on the reels as a special Wild symbol in two forms, and as an impressive stone statue, part of the backdrop to the game. Luminescent green foliage sets off the dark green of the reel set which is studded with red stones, completing a beautifully rendered game screen.
Spins here start at just 10p per play.
RTP, Variance and Top Payout
Phoenix Paradise maths model will be familiar to Thunderkick fans who have played games like Lava Lava before. Here are the key numbers from the games info sheet:
– Phoenix Paradise gives you high risk slots play on a high variance game engine. It may not be as volatile as early games like Fruit Warp or Pink Elephants but it matches up with slots from the Beat the Beast series so be ready for some harsh slots action.
– The RTP of Phoenix Paradise slot is 96.14%, fairly typical for a Thunderkick game.
– The top win here is 10,000x which is lower than some of the more crazily high variance slots on the market right now but is about mid-range from Thunderkick. For comparison, Beat the Beast Mighty Sphinx comes in at 4,444x and Divine Lotus at 8,709x. They do also have some higher potential games like Gods of Rock (20,000x) and Baron Bloodmore (25,000x).
Symbols and Graphics
The paytable features some beautifully illustrated symbols and some very decent payouts at the premium level. Here are the highlights:
- Phoenix Paradise is a 5-reel slot with 3 rows and 15 fixed paylines with wins formed by 3 or more matching symbols on one payline from left to right starting on reel 1.
- Low payers are represented by the cards from 9 through to Ace. At the Ace level, five on a payline earns you 7.5x your bet.
- Premiums are represented by the Phoenix Dagger, the Blue Urn, the Red Tiara and the female Adventurer. The Adventurer is top payer with a value of 10x, 15x or 75x for 3, 4 or 5 on a payline.
There are also THREE special symbols – the Phoenix Wild which is your basic wild to sub in for all others, the Walking Wild Fiery Phoenix, that will activate the Walking Wilds feature, and the Eggs Bonus Scatter, which will activate the free spins round.
What We Like
Nice ambience and artwork
32x Multipliers for 5 wilds in a line
Wilds always walk in free spins round
Simple to follow gameplay
Free spins can re-trigger
What We Don't Like
Not as action packed as other slots
Risk level may be too high for some
Gameplay and Features
Phoenix Paradise operates with simple gameplay where Wilds are at the forefront of all the action, with enhancements to increase the jeopardy in the bonus round. Here is how it works:
WILDS – THEY PROVIDE MULTIPLIER ACTION AND THEY WALK WITH RE-SPINS!
Thunderkick are giving you enhanced Wild action throughout this slot game. These key components of the game perform several functions:
- Wilds appear on ANY reel at ANY time
- Basic Wilds substitute for ALL other symbols to form winlines
- When a Wild is part of a winline, a multiplier is activated – 2x, 4x, 8x, 16x or 32x for 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 Wilds in a line.
During the BASE GAME, a Mystery Wild feature may also trigger at random when Walking Wild Fiery Phoenix symbols land. Now, ALL wilds become WALKING WILDS. A re-spin is activated and each Wild moves one reel to the left. Re-spins now repeat until ALL Wilds have dropped off the left most side of the reel set.
FREE SPINS – ALL WILDS ARE NOW WALKING!
The free spins round is a simple enhancement of the base game. It works like this:
- 3 scatters lands you 8 FREE SPINS!
- Now, EVERY Wild is a Walking Wild
- You can re-trigger the bonus round by landing 3 more scatters. That gets you another 4 free spins.
And that’s it! A simple, but effective slot.
For Thunderkick fans who get a kick out of games like Lava Lava, Phoenix Paradise will be well-received. It’s Thunderkick by the numbers – the theme and artwork are very similar to previous releases, and the features and gameplay, with Wilds and Multipliers of up to 32x have been done many times over too. For our tastes, the action is a bit simplistic, and as fans of their early work like Birds on a Wire, Flame Busters and Fruit Warp, we belive they are at their best when being more creative with both themes and the gameplay. And, as an aside, whilst both soundtrack and sights are attractive and ambient, it can occasionally make you feel like you are on a spa day when loading up one of Thunderkick’s Eastern slots! But maybe that’s a personal thing!
In summary, Phoenix Paradise makes for a nice slot that has the potential to be enjoyable for a few spins but it likely won’t have the longevity of this studio’s true classics.