About This Slot
Time Spinners from Hacksaw Gaming arrives at UK slot sites on 25th August 2022, an enigmatic and clever online slot typical of this leftfield developer whose unique back catalogue is full of games with similarly weird themes.
In this instance Hacksaw appear to be exploring themes of time, destiny, and maybe even eternity. The action takes place in a dark dungeon-like room, with stone walls and flooring, and a 5×4 grid held in place above a dark, cavernous pit by iron chains. A ghoulish, faceless man beckons you into the game and will appear on the reels to trigger the innovative 2-part bonus round.
This feels like something Swedish developer, Thunderkick, might have invented in their early days when they were pushing out games like The Rift. Though really, Time Spinners stands on its own as a slot thanks to its well-worked gameplay.
Spins start at just 10p per play.
RTP, Variance and Top Payout
Here are the key stats for this game:
- Time Spinners is a highly volatile experience with a 4/5 rating on Hacksaw’s own scale. That puts it in the same bracket as games like Anubis and The Bowery Boys from the same provider. Expect a rough ride!
- The RTP of Time Spinners slot is 96.19%
- The top payout is 10,000x, not bad and as a rule, Hacksaw Gaming slots don’t exceed this amount, but there are other slots out there with much higher top pays. For the highest payers, check out No Limit City’s catalogue, including slots like Road Rage (36,000x) and Tombstone RIP (300,000x).
Symbols and Graphics
And here are the key facts from the paytable to remember:
- Time Spinners pays out across 16 paylines when three or more identical symbols land from left to right.
- Low value symbols are represented by the card suits – Clubs, Spades, Diamonds and Hearts with a max payout of just 2x for five on a payline.
- Premiums are represented by the arcane time pieces and paraphanalia – the book, a scroll, an egg timer, and the glass globe. The highest paying of these gets you a 20x for five on a payline.
- You can also score a 20x payout for five Wilds on a payline. The Wilds also help trigger payouts by substituting for other symbols to complete win lines in the normal way.
- Look out for the creepy-looking GHOUL, THREE of whom will herald the Dusk Til Dawn bonus round. He adds a slightly horror-movie feel to proceedings, with skeletal hands reaching out from the reel set.
What We Like
Unique theme with cool artwork
Two part bonus round
Collect big multipliers in first part
Epic Echo symbols enhance multipliers
Bonus round re-triggers itself
What We Don't Like
More features would be good in base game
Gameplay and Features
So, how do you score wins at Time Spinners? There are two basics features – a Wild Multiplier and a Bonus Round. Here is how they work:
TWO TYPES OF WILD MULTIPLIER UP TO 12x!
Look out for the watch symbols that represent Wild Multipliers. There are two types – red rimmed and gold rimmed. The red-rimmed ones will reveal a multiplier of between 2x and 12x which is applied to any win. line they form a part of.
Better still … Gold-rimmed watches provide a ‘SYNC’ function whereby ALL wild multipliers in view take on the value of the highest multiplier when one forms part of a winning line.
TWO PART DUSK TIL DAWN BONUS ROUND WITH HIGH VALUE MULTIPLIERS!
This ingenious bonus round requires you to land THREE GHOUL symbols to trigger. There are no traditional free spins but rather two parts – a multiplier collection part before wins are delivered in the payout part.
Part 1: DUSK – Watch Multiplier Collection – you get THREE spins to collect as many watches as possible. There are no standard symbols on the reels for this part, just Special Symbols and blank non-winning ones. When Specials land, you get a re-set on your spins for the chance to collect more. Check the meter to the right of the reels for a simple display of how many spins remain.
Special symbols are:
- Red-Rimmed and Gold-Rimmed Watches – same as before, with multipliers of 2x to 12x. The gold ones stick for the round.
- Special Echo – adds a 1x to 50x multiplier to ANY other multiplier within 3 spaces.
- Special Epic Echo – shows a value of 2x to 10x to be MULTIPLIED by the value of any multiplier within 3 spaces.
Part 2: DAWN – Payouts – Now the fun stuff starts – ALL sticky watch multipliers remain on the reels and normal symbols are added back in. You get THREE payout spins to benefit from.
And … there is the possibility of triggering the Dusk Til Dawn Bonus AGAIN from within the Payout phase. If this happens, you get AN EXTRA spin in the Payout part too (so FOUR in total).
Time Spinners may not have the broad appeal of a new NetEnt blockbuster or the latest Megaways™ game, but that isn’t really the point of these slots. Rather than going for the broadest popular appeal, Hacksaw work at building unique cult classics that are highly memorable and stand out from the crowd.
And that is exactly what they have done here.
The theme is one that we have never seen before in an online slot – and that is quite an achievement! It has a weird immersive quality which draws you in. And whilst the features boil down to just multipliers and free spins, the execution there is like nothing we’ve seen before either. The bonus round is tough to unlock – that Ghoul figure is pretty elusive – but once you are in there, the action is hypnotic, and has the potential to deliver some epic sequences where the watch multipliers build and build. You will need the help of the Echos and Epic Echoes if you really want to punch above the 1,000x mark but it is surely possible.
In summary, Hacksaw fans, high variance nuts, and those new to this studio, are all in for a real treat when this game drops in late August. We recommend you give it a try.