Play Wild Portals Megaways™ At These Slot Sites
About This Slot
Big Time Gaming are going back to the source of all goodness with Wild Portals Megaways™, due for release at the best slot sites in March 2022. This game includes many features that BTG fans will know and love – the expanding reels, the super-high variance, gemstone symbols, a strong soundtrack with a pulsating beat, and a dancefloor / space-vibe backdrop that draws on both Mega Clusters and Danger! High Voltage.
But crucially, it adds in a feature that we haven’t seen before – Wild Portals. It’s yet another way BTG have found to ratchet up the tension as symbols are removed and replaced on the reels and progressive multipliers grow with every action.
Its fast, furious and futuristic. Keep reading to find out if it’s the slot game for you.
RTP, Variance and Top Payout
Wild Portals shares the maths characteristics of most BTG slots. It’s highly volatile with big potential. In the game profile sheet the top win is advertised as 116,030x which puts it at the top of the range of high-paying video slots. Wins like these can only really be achieved when a very lucky run of high value multipliers combines with a long run of Wild Portals as we will explain in the features section of this review.
The RTP of Wild Portals is a notably generous 96.58%.
Symbols and Graphics
There are six reels in the game, each with between 2 and 7 rows displaying on any given spin. Unlike other Megaways™ slots you won’t see an additional 1×4 row above the middle three reels. However, you can still play with 117,649 active paylines when all six reels display seven symbols each.
The icons themselves are all standard Megaways™ stuff too – premiums are represented by the cards 9 through to Ace, whilst the low value icons are the gemstones in purple, green, red and blue.
Wild Portals always land as 2×2 icons to trigger the main feature, and gold scatters will set up the free spins round when 3 or more land one spin.
What We Like
Unique Wild Portals Feature
Sticky Progressive Multiplier
Huge potential payout
Slick electo graphics
Cool dance soundtrack
What We Don't Like
Very volatile and tough to crack
Gameplay and Features
If you like your slots to be feature-rich then you may be a little disappointed by what’s on offer in Wild Portals. The action is somewhat stripped back although that didn’t detract from the thrills when we tested the game.
Here are some key points to remember.
- There are NO cascading wins in the game.
- However, the Wild Portal itself, delivered when 2×2 Wilds land on reels 2 to 5, triggers a similar event.
- The Wild Portal symbol opens up and shows a low-paying gemstone. Then … ALL instances of that symbol are removed to be replaced with new ones.
- A progressive multiplier increases by 1x for EVERY symbol that is removed.
- After the new drop of symbols, the Wild Portal shows another low value symbol to be removed and the process repeats
- When no instances of the symbol revealed by the Wild Portal appear on the reels, the action ends.
And the free spins go like this:
- 8 Free Spins are triggered by THREE gold scatters (with 2 extra spins for EVERY additional scatter that drops).
- Wild Portals are GUARANTEED on EVERY free spin, with multipliers carried over between free spins – they DO NOT re-set.
- Free Spins can be re-triggered by landing three extra scatters during the round.
So, what do we make of all that? Well, it’s pretty simple gameplay as you can see and has all the hallmarks of classic high variance slots gameplay.
You can certainly find yourself going through the motions for many spins in the base game with little or no reward beyond a few low-value Wild Portal actions and lots of dead spins. Then, out of the blue, things can get manic when the free spins trigger and a progressive multiplier which does not re-set between spins lends a massive helping hand towards those bigger payouts. Add to the drama a top light show and rising tuneage and you’ve got yourself an electric piece of gameplay BTG fans will love.
We can easily predict multipliers here reaching the 40x + mark and wins exceeding the 10,000x +. How long it will be before we see a 100,000x + win, or if we ever do, is anyone’s guess!