Which Slot Machines Have The Best Payouts?
By: Ann Holmes
Published On: 13th July 2020
Any smart gambler is always on the lookout for the slot machines with the best odds. Everyone wants to play games which give them the best chance of winning, and the best value for money.
In this article, we’ll go through the very best online slot machines based on their Return to Player (RTP). RTP is the average payout expected from a video slot over time. A 95% RTP tell us that on average that machine will pay out £95 in every £100 wagered.
But remember, that number is only an average, there is no guarantee that these slots will deliver the advertised RTP every time you play them. That would be very boring. Some will experience a winning RTP much greater than 100%, whilst others will experience an RTP lower than the advertised value. That’s the luck (or bad luck) or playing online slots.
NOTE: You can also read more about slots odds in our guide to slots variance.
1. Mega Joker by NetEnt (99% RTP)
Mega Joker is a 5 line, 2×3 reel slot from NetEnt with an unbelievable RTP. This classic style fruit machine has a progressive jackpot which is triggered at random, and two fun modes – Regular and Supermeter.
Joker symbols in the main game trigger a jackpot win, usually on a bi-weekly basis. The game’s design is super immersive, allowing for hours of play as if you were on the casino floor. It really is the game’s RTP that makes this game stand out however, giving a decent chance of a win on every spin.
2. 1429 Unchartered Seas (98.5% RTP)
Thunderkick’s Unchartered Seas is set in the cabin of a ship. While it looks a little different from your classic slot game, it’s still a standard 5-reel slot with 25 paylines. To gain a win, you’ll need to spin at least three symbols on a win line consecutively, from left to right.
The highest-paying symbol is the mermaid, which pays out 50 times your total bet. If you’re looking for classic gameplay dressed up in great graphics, then Unchartered Seas is definitely up your street.
3. Joker Strike by Quickspin (98.11% RTP)
The Joker Strike video slot is a 5-reel, 3-row grid with 10 fixed bet lines. You’ll land a win in this game whenever you spin three or more matching symbols along one line. The highest payout comes from five-of-a-kind combination. If you land five Joker symbols along one line, the machine will pay out 100x your total bet.
The game also has a ‘Hi-Roller mode’. When playing in this mode, all win values are doubled. Stakes start as low at 0.10, and an autoplay mode allows up to 100 automatic spins.
4. Bob The Epic Viking Quest by NetEnt (98% RTP)
NetEnt’s fun, Viking themed game has 5 reels and 25 pay lines. Payouts are between 20 and 240 times your line stake. Bob: The Epic Viking Quest is full of great bonus features including scatters, wilds and mini-games.
With a betting range of between 0.25 and £50 per spin, there’s a way to spin to meet almost every player’s bankroll.
5. Blood Suckers by NetEnt (98% RTP)
Another NetEnt favourite, BloodSuckers has a fantastic RTP of 98%. This romantic vampire-themed game is one of the provider’s most popular slots, with 25 pay lines and 5 reels.
The fast and fun game has two bonus rounds. The first is a free spins bonus, and the second a pick-em round, where you’ll need to open coffins and kill vampires for extra wins.
6. Kings of Chicago by NetEnt (97.8% RTP)
Kings of Chicago is a 5-reel, 5-pay line game that offers a twist on the traditional slot. Instead of reels, this game uses playing cards. Players have to find poker hands in order to win big.
The joker symbol pays out double, and the game also has a fun free spins feature which hands out either 10, 15, or 30 free spins. This game has a minimum bet of just £0.05 and a max bet of £50 per spin.
7. Wolfpack Pays by NextGen (97.75% RTP)
Wolfpack from NextGen is a 5 reel slot with 243 ways to win and a superb RTP of 97.75%. The game has great graphics and a picturesque backdrop to keep players entertained for hours.
Wolfpack doesn’t have normal free spin rounds but instead gives players a free spin after each win they land. The Wolf free spin feature is triggered if a player wins 4 spins in a row.
8. Devil’s Delight by NetEnt (97.6% RTP)
NetEnt’s Devil’s Delight has been around since 2008, but is still one of the best-paying slots out there. The hell-themed game has 5 reels and 20 paylines with a number of cartoon-style characters, including a baby devil, female devil, and even death itself.
Players can bet anywhere between £0.20 and £200 per spin for the chance to win big. Spin three or more zodiac symbols to trigger the free spins bonus game. Other Devil’s Delight features include stacked wilds and multipliers.
9. Magicious by Thunderkick (97.6% RTP)
Magicious keeps gameplay simple with 10 win lines and 5 reels. Players can bet between £0.10 and £10 per spin. The Thunderkick game doesn’t offer free spins or any bonus rounds but does have wild symbols, wild respins, and stacked symbols to add a little more excitement.
If you’re a fan of Starburst then Magicious should be right up your street – it’s of the same great quality (if not better) with fun features and an amazing RTP of 97.6%.
10. Esqueleto Explosivo by Thunderkick (97.6% RTP)
Thunderkick has done it again with another fun and wacky slot with an impressive RTP of 97.6%. Mexican-themed Esqueleto Explosivo revolves around The Day of the Dead, with exploding skeleton heads and increasing multipliers.
The slot game has 17 fixed pay lines and 5 reels. Golden Elvis symbols are Esqueleto Explosivo’s wild symbols, triggering multipliers of up to 32x.
Top slot game tips
Now you know the biggest-paying slot games out there, it’s time to focus on how to reach those jackpots. Here’s a few things to bear in mind before you start spinning.
- Pay attention to the game’s volatility. A slot’s volatility, or variance, should always be taken into account when choosing a game. This is considered the risk level of a game – low volatility slots payout often in smaller amounts, whereas high volatility slots pay out less often, in bigger amounts.
- Check reviews. One of the best things you can do before you start spinning is check the reviews of your chosen game. If a slot doesn’t payout, other players will have noticed and called it out online.
- Don’t go for the obvious choice. It’s not always the big, high profile games that are the best to play. Check the paytable of any game before giving it a spin – it may hold some surprises. And, of course, always check the RTP before you spend any money.
Ann is a freelance journalist and world traveller, who can be found writing gaming articles from co-working spaces across the globe. Her writing focuses mostly on online casinos and slots, as well as all the latest news straight from Vegas.
New Game Reviews
- Power of Merlin Megaways - (Pragmatic Play)
- 3 Buzzing Wilds - (Pragmatic Play)
- Wisdom of Athena - (Pragmatic Play)
- Spellbinding Mystery - (Pragmatic Play)
- Hellvis Wild - (Pragmatic Play)
- Temple of Torment - (Hacksaw Gaming)
- Fear The Dark - (Hacksaw Gaming)
- Beast Below - (Hacksaw Gaming)
- Cursed Seas - (Hacksaw Gaming)
- Keep Em Cool - (Hacksaw Gaming)