About This Slot
It’s that time of year again as we head towards Halloween and the darkness creeps in that we see a rise in the number of scary, creepy, horror-style slots. We’ve recently covered Big Time Gaming’s Castle or Terror which has a vampire narrative and now we are troubled once more by ghoulish visions in Hacksaw Gaming’s new release, Undead Fortune.
This slot is set in an Ancient Egyptian tomb illuminated by sickly yellow light and inhabited by dead pharaohs who come to life to battle against you when Walking Wilds are unlocked on the reels. This, and the DuelReels feature, which is a bespoke one created by Hacksaw, add massive multipliers of up to 200x to your wins too. This is a fun, but high-risk slot with lots of action happening on the reels. It’s designed to thrill and frustrate in equal measures so be ready for anything when you load up the game!
Undead Fortune arrives at the best slot sites in the UK on October 5th 2022.
RTP, Variance and Top Payout
Those familiar with Hacksaw Gaming slots will know that these guys deliver some pretty exhilarating volatility in their games and Undead Fortune is no exception. Here is how the maths looks.
- Hacksaw give themselves a 4/5 on the variance scale. Not as high as Itero Echo Spins (5/5) or Hand of Anubis (5/5) but still a vertiginous experience.
- The top advertised win is 10,000x.
- The RTP of Undead Fortune is a standard 96.29% – just over average for a slot game.
- The hit frequency – the odds of getting a winning spin – is 26.73%.
- You can play from 10p per spin.
Symbols and Graphics
Monsters aplenty are found on the stone reel set here. Their values are modest, but keep in mind that you have opportunity to bring some massive multipliers into the mix to boost those payouts in both base game and bonus rounds.
Here are the highlights of the paytable.
- Undead Fortune is a 5 reel, 4 row slot, with 10 fixed paylines.
- You’ll need to land 3 or more matching symbols on a payline from left to right, starting on reel 1, to trigger a payout.
- Low pay symbols are the cards 10 through to Ace. The max payout for 5 Aces on a payline is just 1.5x.
- Premiums are all the scary-looking undead monsters with different colored backgrounds and flashing green eyes! Their payouts range from 4x to 10x for five on a payline.
- There are also Wilds that sub in for any other symbol to form a win AND pay out 10x for five on a line.
- We will also come across special expanding Walking Wilds that are triggered in the bonus rounds and bring multipliers and monster battles into play – read on to find out more.
- Finally, Curse Symbols and Tomb Scatters also trigger free spins and other bonuses.
What We Like
Epic bonus round brings full wild reels
Massive multipliers - up to 200x
Lock vs unlock reels brings jeopardy
Super-scary graphics and soundtrack
What We Don't Like
Tough to unlock the Tomb Bonus
Very high volatility
Gameplay and Features
After any spin look for Walk VS or Expand VS symbols. These expand and turn wild to trigger monster battles and add multipliers to the reels. Here is how the gameplay works.
Walking Duels – Expanding Wilds and Multipliers
- Where a Walk VS symbol lands, the Walking Duels feature is triggered.
- A Walking Duel is an expanding wild that covers the full reel.
- A multiplier of 2x, 3x, 4x, 5x, 6x, 7x, 10x, 15x, 20x, 25x, 50x, 100x, 150x and 200x and a monster are revealed. To activate the multiplier, you must defeat the monster. If you do, the multiplier is applied to all positions on the reel and applied to winlines that pass through it.
- You will also earn a re-spin of the monster is defeated.
- With each re-spin, the Walking Duel expanded symbol moves to the left, and another battle takes place.
- This continues until either the monster prevails or your Walking Duel falls off the edge of the reel set.
- Once the process is complete, all wins are calculated with the multipliers and paid out.
Expanding DuelReels – Like Walking Duels, But Expanding Sideways
- Land an Expand VS symbol on reels 2 to 5 to trigger an Expanding Duel.
- These are just like Walking Duels, EXCEPT, the Expanding Duel expands to the left and the multiplier value is saved every time the monster is defeated.
- With each expansion, another battle ensues with a new multiplier. If the monster is defeated again, the Expanding Duel expands left again and the multiplier value is added to the existing total.
- Again, when the monster wins or the Expanding Duel hits the edge of the grid, then the wins are calculated and paid out.
The Curse Bonus Round – Free Spins
- You’ll need THREE Curse symbols on reels 1, 3 and 5 to trigger The Curse Bonus Game.
- You get 10 free spins with better odds of a Walk VS or Expand VS.
The Tomb Bonus Round – Earn Extra Multipliers
- You need THREE Tomb scatters on reels 1, 3 and 5 to unlock the Tomb Bonus.
- Look for multiplier values above each reel.
- Not all reels are active here. Landing a Tomb VS symbol on an ACTIVE reel unlocks a monster and multiplier. Defeat the monster to add the multiplier value to the one at the top of the reel.
- BUT … if the monster defeats you … the reel is LOCKED.
- Once ALL reels are LOCKED the Tomb Bonus is over. All values from the multipliers above the reels are applied to your stake to calculate a total win.
- Fortunately, you can UNLOCK a reel – by landing FOUR Unlock Symbols OR a Golden Unlock Symbol.
- Finally … look out as well for the Epic VS scatter. If this lands the entire reel set becomes a Duel board with monsters and multipliers. If you win, then a multiplier of 2x to 200x is applied to the value above EVERY reel OR a value of 25x to 200x is added to EACH reel.
- BUT … if you lose the Epic VS duel, then that reel becomes LOCKED too!
More Games Like Undead Fortune
If you like this game you might also like these two as well.
Gladiator Legends by Hacksaw Gaming – We picked this one out because it also uses the DuelReels feature. Gladiator Legends also has a 5×4 reelset and 10,000x top payout. However, the variance is set a little higher at 5/5 so it’s a more volatile game. Similar battles take place on the reels but this time multipliers are capped at 100x in the base game, not 200x. However, in the bonus round they can be as high as 250x. If you enjoy Undead Fortune’s high-risk gameplay, you should definitely try Gladiator Legends too.
Castle of Terror by Big Time Gaming – If you like horror slots then you could always try Castle of Terror, BTG’s latest offering. It features some terrifying undead vampires and runs at a super-high variance. This one also has Wilds and Multipliers (though not as high as the 200x in Undead Fortune). It offers a much higher top payout though at 61,720x.
Both these games can be found at casinos on our new slot sites page.
Where to Play Undead Fortune – Further Recommendations
Here are two further UK-licensed sites we recommend to try this game at:
Casino Lab – A trusted casino from the Genesis Global label currently offering 100% up to £100 bonus and 300 Reactoonz free spins. Genesis sites are known for their wide choice of slots and offering fast withdrawals. You can also deposit with Paypal.
Mr Play – This is another casino on the Aspire label, home to Spin Rio too. MrPlay has a 100% up to £200 bonus and 100 NetEnt spins for new players. They have over 700 slots from providers including Hacksaw Gaming.
Undead Fortune once again showcases Hacksaw Gaming’s talent for producing extraordinary slots. Putting walking wilds with massive multiplier potential at the heart of the game makes this a slot with a lot of potential. The Walking Duels are good enough on their own, but if you imagine what could happen if you start turning the full reel set wild with Expanding Duels whilst multipliers of up to 200x are applied you start to see a picture of how epic those payouts might get.
Furthermore, the Tomb Bonus offers lots of excitement and jeopardy too. If you can keep reels active, or unlock ones that were previously locked, then the wins will just keep coming. The ultimate prize will of course come if you can land the Epic VS scatter when the whole grid can turn Wild and ALL wins may be subject to big multipliers.
If you are a fan of Hacksaw you probably know that they have a history of producing slots that DO hit their max payouts. So it’s not outrageous to suggest that a 10,000x win is within reach if you load up Undead Fortune.