Play Reactoonz 2 At These Slot Sites
About This Slot
Reactoonz 2 is a manic follow-up to the classic grid slot, Reactoonz from Play n Go, featuring a cast of miniature minion-type characters and an original and innovative electricity-theme and gameplay. It uses a classic Cluster Pays model with avalanche wins at its core but has many more tricks up its sleeve to drive the gameplay forward and boost your wins.
The action takes place against a backdrop of swirling electric and the name of the game is to build your wins progressively through avalanche wins and the fluctometer to the right of the grid which triggers extra wilds when it is full. This makes for exciting slots play as the further you get with each avalanche and meter, the greater the payout potential. But there is much more to this game besides as we shall explain.
RTP, Variance and Top Payout
Reactoonz 2 has an RTP of 96.2%. That is exactly what we expect from Play n Go. The have a few other slots with a higher RTP but not many. For better returns you could try:
- Rage to Riches 2 – 97.2% RTP
- Xmas Joker – 96.98% RTP
- Mystery Joker 6,000 – 96.91% RTP
This is a high variance slot. It is in the same bracket as games like Shamrock Miner and Hooligan Hustle from the same provider. However, the high variance is not mached by huge potential. The top win is just 5,083x which is unimpressive in today’s market. You can find better top wins in games like The Green Knight (10,000x) or Charlie Chance XReelZ (20,000x).
Symbols and Graphics
Reactoonz 2 is as distinctive in looks as the original. The reactoonz characters are nicely drawn and full or character. Their values are good, particularly in the top range of cluster size.
- The grid size is 7×7 with no expansion available. A win is triggered by landing clusters of 5 or more identical symbols.
- The Reactoonz come in various colors including red, green, yellow and blue. There are 8 in total. The lowest value is worth between 0.1x for 5 in a cluster to 3x for 15 or more in a cluster. The highest value pink reactoon is worth from 1x for 5 to 500x for 15 or more in a cluster.
- There are also FOUR types of wilds – Energoon, Gargantoon, Electrics and Uncharged. Each subs in for other symbols to create win clusters. The Uncharged wilds are dormant until other events on the grid give them a charge as described below.
What We Like
Progressive gameplay builds nicely
Electric wilds cause spectacular tumbles
Highly volatile for big win events
Level 4 of Quantometer is manic!
What We Don't Like
Frustrating trying to unlock levels
Looks very similar to original
Gameplay and Features
In an effort to build on the original, Play n Go have added several new features to the Reactoonz game which adds complexity and no little confusion as you get used to the game. You’ll need a few plays (maybe in demo mode) to understand how it works.
Here are those features.
Avalanche Wins Bring Up Re-Spins and Consecutive Payouts
Central to the gameplay is the Avalanche Wins mechanic that all Cluster Pays fans will be familiar with. After any win, winning symbols are removed from the reels and new ones drop in to replace them. If more winning clusters are formed, then the process repeats. And so on, until no more wins are formed.
The Fluctometer and Building Electric Wilds
Look for the Fluctometer to the right of the grid. This is critical in earning extra wilds.
On every spin, one of the reactoonz becomes a fluctuating symbol. If one of these is part of a winning combination, an Electric Wild appears and a space on the Fluctometer is filled. Once the meter is filled completely, 1 to 3 Electric Wilds appear on the grid.
What are Electric Wilds? These can substitute for all other symbols but they also perform magic when two appear on the grid. A charge form between them, removing symbols as we explain below.
What About The Quantometer?
The other meter in the game is the Quantometer. This one gets filled with one charge every time a reactoonz symbol is removed through an Avalanche. Filling the meter to the required size unlocks one of FOUR levels as follows:
- Level 1 is reached at 55 charges. FOUR additional Energoon Wilds are added to the grid.
- Level 2 is reached at 85 charges. A 2×2 super-sized Energoon Wild onto the grid. Now, 30 charges are discounted from the meter.
- Level 3 is reached at 110 charges. A 3×3 Gargantoon Wild is dropped on the grid. It breaks down into 2 2×2 wilds and finally 9 1×1 wilds IF it is part of an Avalanche win.
- Level 4 is reached at 135 charges. A 2x multplier is applied to ALL wins AND Gargantoon Wilds are now in play on the grid too.
Wild Pair Explosions Cause Bigger Avalanches
A Wild Pair explosion can supercharge the Quantometer. They occur when 2 electric wilds are on the grid. If they are next to one another, then all other symbols bar wilds are removed. If they are no next to each other, then only symbols between them are removed.
Those symbols that are removed add charges to the Quantometer so this can massively boost your charge level.
Here is what we liked about this slot:
- It’s still Reactoonz, but Play n Go added enough to make this a worthwhile sequel to play.
- Whilst it feels complicated, the game is actually quite straight forward. Look at it like this: you must look to charge the Quantometer as far as possible simply by removing reactoonz from the grid either by avalanche wins or with Electric Wilds reacting with each other. The further you go, the more exciting it gets – bigger wilds are dropped on the grid and more electric wilds come into play and your chances of winning on any spin are dramatically better.
- With a 20p bet we hit a £45.44 win as you can see in the screen shot on this page. As more features were unlocked the game hit a manic phase of multiple winning avalanches, Gargantoon Wilds and Level 4 on the Quantometer. It was spectacular!
- As you move up the levels the background and music changes, adding a nice level of drama to the gameplay.
And flaws in the game?
- The maths is high variance so now we would expect a much better top win. 5,083x doesn’t really cut it.
- Before experiencing our big win it took a long time to level-up and many dead spins. So you need to be patient. We advice setting your stake low to absorb these periods of frustration.